Saying hello may never be more difficult. Your call center is answering phones every day all day for you. A simple greeting directly impacts the way your customer sees your company. It requires more than a quick “hello,” and tone must be taken into consideration, as well.
Down to Business
If your company is a no-frills place, you want your greeting to be sincere, straightforward and concise. The tone should be professional as well as warm. Greetings you may want to consider include
- “You’ve reached (name) at (company), how may I help you?”
- “Hello, this is (name) with (company), how may I direct your call?”
- “Thank you for calling (company). This is (name), how may I assist you?’
A Little Personality
Companies that are customer oriented may consider greetings with some personality. Connecting to the workers as much as the product drives the clients to your business. You want a vibrant and relaxed tone to instantly start a low-key call. Examples of greetings are
- “Hey! This is (name) at (company), how may I help you?”
- “Hey there! Thanks for calling (company), how may I help you?”
- “You’ve reached (name) with (company), how may I help you out today?”
When you utilize voice recognition technology, it can help bring the customer to a specific department. This allows their needs to be met faster. If your call center is handling certain issues, such as product problems, you can change the greeting to meet this. Some appropriate greetings include
- “(Company) Product Support, this is (name). How may I assist you?”
- “Thank you for calling (company). This is (name), what seems to be the problem?”
- “(Company) Product Support. I’m sorry you are having problems today. I’m (name), how may I help?”
There are hundreds of ways to say hello. The first impression it creates alters the mood of the customer, as well as their confidence in your company. Each call center agent is trained for a general greeting, but you may want to think about what kind of hello you want your customer to receive.