At some point, each one of us has had to call a call center for customer support. We all know there are several differences which go a long way toward creating wonderful experiences for both the caller and the employee taking the phone call.
Let’s take a look at some of the ways businesses can providing outstanding customer service.
- Treat callers like they are your friends. Consider how you would like to be treated when you need to call for customer support – would you rather the telephone agent treat you like their friend or just another “number?” Treating customers like your friends makes them feel appreciated and shows you really care.
- Break down language barriers. It’s not a pleasant experience when a caller is not able to explain the reason for their call due to language barriers. The easiest way to overcome this obstacle is by offering bilingual or multi-lingual support. Not only does this allow your customers to speak in their native tongues, but it also makes it easier to resolve their issues.
- Listen to what the caller is saying. There are so many bad experiences because the telephone operator refused to deviate from a script or listen to what the caller was telling them. Do not be afraid to go “off-script” to find out more information and what it is the caller expects.
- Use probing and discovery questions to get to the primary reason for the call. Taking a few minutes to ask questions helps to truly find out what is the issue. Sometimes a caller might initially say they are calling because they are having a problem with your product or service, but, after asking specific questions, it is discovered they really are upset over a billing issue or how much they paid.
- Make your business accessible 24/7 by phone and/or online. Providing access 24/7 ensures your customers’ needs are met, no matter when your customers require your help or support or have issues.
To learn more about our exceptional telephone agents and how we can help your business provide outstanding call experiences for your customers, call Personalized Communications at 1-800-606-9898 today!