For owners of small- and medium-sized businesses, one of the biggest questions they need to determine is whether it is better to set up their own internal call support or outsource their call center to a service that specializes in providing customer support. There are many reasons to consider, and the following are among those you will want to carefully think about.
- Employee Costs – The costs to set up dedicated staff to take calls can cut into your bottom line. You still have to pay a person to answer the phone, even when the phone is not ringing. With an outsourced solution, you only pay when calls are picked up.
- How Customers Can Reach You – With an in-house solution, your operating hours are limited and customers are forced to call during those hours. On the other hand, outsourcing gives you the flexibility to take calls 24/7, even on weekends and holidays when your business might be closed.
- Ability to Support Multiple Languages – If you operate your business in a market where Spanish and English are both prominently spoken, it can cost more to hire your own multi-language telephone operators, whereas multi-language support is readily available through an outsourced provider.
- Equipment Costs – Setting up a call center requires the right type of equipment and software, plus the knowledge of how to set it up and use it correctly, which can be expensive for small- and medium-sized businesses. With an outsourced solution, the costs associated with equipment purchases, installation, and training are already taken care of by your provider.
- Scalability – It can be difficult for in-house call centers to adapt to seasonal changes in call volumes and peak periods to meet required coverage demands. In an outsourced center, staffing is not an issue and there are always plenty of employees on hand to take calls, so no call goes unanswered.
Another reason you should seriously consider outsourcing is you have complete control over what services and solutions you use. To learn more about how our services and solutions can benefit your business, contact Personalized Communications at 1-800-606-9898 today!