There can be several advantages of self-service technologies when they are used alongside live call center support. Both types of support options go hand-in-hand in providing positive customer service experiences. Some of the advantages your business could gain with self-service technologies include:
- Reduced call hold times. Callers will not have to hold as long to speak with a live agent when they can resolve basic problems themselves using self-service support options.
- Easy access to information at any time of the day. Customers can find support options whenever they need help, even in the middle of the night, although it is still a great idea to have live agents available 24/7, just in case customers still need to speak to a live person.
- Customers can find support for more common problems and issues. Providing access to a FAQs (frequently asked questions) area on your website and other self-service tools will enable your customers to attempt to resolve basic issues on their own.
- Customer service support agents will be available to assist with more complex problems. Since the bulk of generalized customer support issues can be resolved using self-service option, this allows support agents to spend more time on the phone helping customers with unique or complicated issues.
- Decreased call center operating costs. Lower call volumes translate to lower overall operating costs. Your business could save money and reinvest it into adding more self-service technologies.
TIP: It is imperative that you do not ditch live support for self-service options. Your customers will still need to be able to reach a live person if they cannot solve their problems on their own.
There are several benefits of implementing self-service support technologies. However, it is equally important to educate and train your customers on how to use any self-service tools you enable. Otherwise, they will be less likely to try them out and utilize them.
To learn more about self-service technologies you can combine with our call center support options and plans, please feel free to contact Personalized Communications at 1-800-606-9898 today!